REACH LoWELL, led by Lowell CHC, seeks to eliminate disparities among the Southeast Asians and Hispanic/LatinX communities as it relates to diabetes. Learn more by watching a short video outlining the program’s mission, partners, strategies, focus areas, and goals.
Check out this infographic to learn more about our year 1 accomplishments and highlights.
Not sure what you can do to help fight disinformation about vaccines? It can be as simple as responding “that’s not true” in a post’s comment section and sharing science-based information. Use our “Top 10 things Everyone Needs to Know this Flu Season” as a starting point to fighting flu disinformation when you see it online!
Strategies for Good Health
- Food systems
- Healthy nutrition standards
- Improve health outcomes as a result of systems change implemented
- Increase availability and access to healthier food options
- Community built environments
- Community advisory board
- Increase community engagement in making improvements to the physical environment around us
- Increase satisfaction and engagement among stakeholders and community members
- Exploring and implementing social needs referral systems
- Diabetes self-management programs
- And exploring coverage options for parts of the program
- Increase knowledge of health disparities, cultural competence and community resources among Southeast Asian and Hispanic/Latinx communities
- Connect people to programs that will help manage and prevent diabetes
COVID/Flu Education, Promotion, & Vaccination
- Community COVID/flu vaccination & education
- And COVID/flu vaccine awareness
- Educate and empower “trusted voices” in the community
- Increase vaccination opportunities
- Enhance provider partnership
- Share lessons learned with national sites
Observances & Announcements
April 26, 2022
Infant Feeding Survey Results Released
Here is what we learned from you about ensuring your baby has a healthy start.
April 26, 2022
Lowell Community Food Assessment Report Released
The 2022 Lowell Community Food Assessment was a collaborative project undertaken by Mill City Grows with funding, support, and participation of the REACH LoWELL initiative and the Greater Lowell Health Alliance (GLHA). This comprehensive report includes data received from more than 1,000 Lowell residents.
September 28, 2021
Lowell General Hospital Radiology Lab At Lowell CHC Closed
ATTENTION PATIENTS: The Lowell General Hospital (LGH) radiology lab, located within the Lowell Community Health Center is closed until further notice.
Any radiology exam should be completed at the LGH Saints or LGH main campus.