REACH LoWELL, led by Lowell CHC, seeks to eliminate disparities among the Southeast Asians and Hispanic/LatinX communities as it relates to diabetes. Learn more by watching a short video outlining the program’s mission, partners, strategies, focus areas, and goals.
Do Your Part to Slow the Spread of COVID-19
We can work together to help slow the spread of #COVID19. Do your part: Answer the phone if someone from the health department calls.
Strategies for Good Health
- Food systems
- Healthy nutrition standards
- Improve health outcomes as a result of systems change implemented
- Increase availability and access to healthier food options
- Community built environments
- Community advisory board
- Increase community engagement in making improvements to the physical environment around us
- Increase satisfaction and engagement among stakeholders and community members
- Exploring and implementing social needs referral systems
- Diabetes self-management programs
- And exploring coverage options for parts of the program
- Increase knowledge of health disparities, cultural competence and community resources among Southeast Asian and Hispanic/Latinx communities
- Connect people to programs that will help manage and prevent diabetes
COVID/Flu Education, Promotion, & Vaccination
- Community COVID/flu vaccination & education
- And COVID/flu vaccine awareness
- Educate and empower “trusted voices” in the community
- Increase vaccination opportunities
- Enhance provider partnership
- Share lessons learned with national sites
Observances & Announcements
September 28, 2021
Lowell General Hospital Radiology Lab @ Lowell CHC Closed Week of Sept 6
ATTENTION PATIENTS: The Lowell General Hospital (LGH) radiology lab, located within the Lowell Community Health Center is temporarily closed.
Any radiology exam should be completed at the LGH Saints or LGH main campus.
September 14, 2021
Announcement: Changes for Out-of-State Virtual Care Appointments
Virtual Care Appointments became a strong way to connect patients of Lowell Community Health Center with providers during the Covid-19 pandemic. For a time, some state and federal agencies waived requirements for virtual care appointments across state lines.
However, due to changes in those previously waived requirements — effective immediately — Lowell Community Health Center will no longer be able to schedule Virtual Care appointments (video or phone) for patients located outside of Massachusetts.
August 24, 2021
Two regional health care providers to require employee vaccines
“Two of the region’s largest health care providers will require vaccines for employees as coronavirus cases — and hospitalizations — rise amid the spread of the delta variant. Lowell General Hospital’s parent company, Wellforce, notified its employees of the vaccine requirement on Aug. 10. Last Friday, the Lowell Community Health Center issued its own vaccine mandate.”