Patient Walk-In Center
The Patient Walk-In Center is for sicknesses and minor injuries that need attention before the next available appointment with your doctor. Call your doctor first at 978.937.9700. If your doctor’s office is closed or you cannot get an appointment, you can go to the patient Walk-In Center.
If the Patient Walk-In Center is closed, you can go to a nearby Urgent Care.
Walk-in is usually much faster and more convenient than a trip to the hospital emergency room.
Services offered in our Patient Walk-In Center include:
- Draining a swollen knee
- Draining an abscess
- Help for sprains or minor bone fractures
- Knee and shoulder injections
- On the spot testing for: pregnancy, urine infection, vaginal infection, sore throat, and flu
- Stitches for cuts
- Toenail Removal
If you have a health emergency that threatens your life or a part of our body, go to the hospital emergency room. Some examples are:
- A pregnant woman in active labor
- A bone fracture with the bone exposed
- A seizure
- An overdose
- Crushing chest pain associated with sweating and trouble breathing
- Signs of stroke such as slurred speech, loss of vision